Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What do you think I do All Day??!!!!!



The phrase stay at home mom really doesn't ring true. I know a whole crew of mothers and the last place you will find us is at home. Sometimes I wonder has it always been this way, are we the new Susie homemakers. Were Susie and Betty as involved as we are.

I hang with mothers who are hardcore when it comes to learning(I find myself somewhere in the middle). We definitely put our childrens education into our own hands. I know a lot of parent who believe that it is a teachers job to teach their kids. I disagree!!! You can find me and my crew in the oddest places adding education into whatever it is we are doing. A walk around the block is a learning experience for my son. We talk about the color of the leafs or can you read what that signs says? I try to never miss a opportunity for learning.

I have a friend who has a super toddler on her hands. Jayden, to put a name to this mini genius. At the age of 3 this little guy can speak two languages and read. His mother (my bestie) deserves lots of praise. Pat yourself on the back girlie.

We also break a lot of stereo types too, I get a kick out of my son answering questions that none of the other random kids know. Is it sad that I love when people ask his age and are shock that he know certain things? Watching my son educate other kids at the park about the bugs that they are playing with warms my heart.

So was Susie homemaker sitting at the kitchen table with her child? Are we the new generation of "stay at home" moms? I surely hope so.

2 comments:

Raising NIC said...

....just making sure it works!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to be a part of ur crew!!! Am having a hard time with my daugther :((((