Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Misconception of Conception**Baby making Machines**

So this will be my MOST personal blog yet. What am about to reveal something most of family doesn't even know....thank GOD they don't read my blog. So here it is.......brace yourself!!! I want another baby!!! I know that sounds so easy right, well it isn't at all. Not for me this time around anyways.

Most women spend the first half of their life trying not to get pregnant right? After i had my son i knew that i was DONE. Tie them up, burn it off, and sew it up cause i wont be needing IT anymore....but recently that all has changed. I want another baby, i have the worst baby fever ever....its so bad.

I recently started doing some research, 1st stop my OBGYN. I had the mirena(birth control) and needed to get that removed. I also had a lot of questions for my doc. Next stop......dreaded google! LOL, I don't even know why I tortured myself with that. What I found out was soo depressing. For instance calculatorslive.com says that i had a %80 chance of getting pregnant within a year. I didn't want to wait a yr!! All of these different websites have you checking your cervical mucus, buying ovulation tools, telling your mate not to wear tightey whitey LOL, and checking your body basal temperature. I was in over my head I quickly found out.

Another thing I ran across online was all the heart wrenching stories of people my age struggling to get pregnant. I think most people think when they are ready it will just happen, that is not the case at all. We see older ladies having twins and 16yr old knocked up and you think to yourself "what the hell?!" Now don't get me wrong I think every women no matter what age deserves to have a child if that is their choice.

So my journey is under way, and I too have found out that it isn't as easy as you think. My son was planned and I remember it happening so fast!!! This time around, not so much. I recently started doing some charting which includes my body basal temp, ovulating days etc.... But even if I do everything right, there is only a slim chance of me getting knocked up.

Now it has been 7 months and about 30 pregnancy test later(15 bucks a box) I am now pregnant and very excited.
Sorry if this blog is all over the place, its all choppy because i just keep adding to it.

5 comments:

LuvMeNaturally said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Congrats girl! I ain't even know. I was about to start giving you advice and what not. Travis winks at me and I can get pregnant, so I never look him straight in the eye LOL.

Blog about it all the time. I be tryna be on twitter but I can't keep up. But I do read the blog LOL.


CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!!!

Hokie Girl said...

This is awesome!!! I had the mirena too after our first and loved it! I don't want anymore after this one, but will still get the Mirena again (just b/c it was so nice). Hubby will get snippity snipped! Congrats!!!!!

Shug said...

I'm so happy for you!!! I get to be an auntie twice!!! I really think it's a girl...for some reason, God has a tendency to bless you with your heart desires...I'm so proud to be your sister =) I love how God blesses you and I pray that He continues to overflow your cup! I love you!

btw i should TOTALLY just bumrush you and visit anyways...lol

Louise said...

Congrats Zelina! Keeping my fingers crossed that it's a girl!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!...Babies are a gift from God...what better gift and deserving heart....May SHE make your family complete and whole!!